Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mile High Comics

Yesterday I went to Mile High Comics because one of the soldiers with whom I have been corresponding has requested them for his guys. Since I have never been a real comic connoisseur I actually asked for assistance when I arrived (this is not my norm). I explained to the store clerk that I was planning on sending the comics to soldiers in Iraq. He was so helpful and helped me to pick out several popular Marvel comic books. He also told me that if he were in Iraq, he would really want some comic books. He asked me several other questions about my sending stuff to soldiers, ie did I have a son over there....No, I said, I just get names of people who need things and I send them. Another gentleman who worked at the store overheard our conversation and said that they had a few other customers who did the same thing. I was glad to know that there were others. As I was leaving the store after checking out, this gentleman brought me two copies of the X-men Ultimate for me to send over.....I was so humbled and grateful....The human spirit can be amazing. Now I shall send them a thank you letter.

www.milehighcomics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment