Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another letter

Today I got a sweet letter from a young woman on her first deployment to Iraq. She told me about her family, sent me a picture of them. She seems to holding up well....

I also heard from the guy I have adopted via www.adoptaplatoon.org. He was pleased with the last package I sent him because I had enclosed computer magazines. I had done a little profiling before I knew his likes and I had sent a sport magazine (albeit, SI swimsuit issue) as I assumed that a young soldier would be a big sports fan. However, I was incorrect in my assumptions....he is a fan of computers. Thus, computer magazines were sent. 

I have to say, there are times when I miss hearing from the soldier I wrote to last year. ...I used to hear from him almost daily. It is not an expectation that I hear from him now; it is just a change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment