Friday, March 6, 2009

Topics

It is funny when I have conversations with people about what they should include in their letters to soldiers....as though there is some sort of formula. I have come to learn that many people are intimidated by the idea of writing to someone they don't know. And I guess that I was at first. However, I seem to have gotten over that.
What I know now is that many of the deployed soldiers appreciate my writing to them the same way I would write to a long lost friend....just hearing about how my day was takes them away from where they are for a moment. And if for that moment he/she is able to smile or laugh or think about something other than Iraq or Afghanistan or the fact that he/she is away from home, then my letter has served its purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment